Volunteers, visit our Ride Day Info for Volunteers page.
- Download a printable Rider parking permit here.
- Please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled start time to allow ample time for parking, registration and other morning activities.
- Print your Rider (R) parking permit and place it on your driver’s side dashboard before approaching the Ride.
- All Rider parking is located along Rte. 1 within short walking distance to Ride HQ.
- Parking is limited. Please carpool when possible.
- After parking, proceed to Rider Registration, where you will receive your bib number.
- Breakfast will be available.
- Minor bicycle mechanic services will be offered. However, please take responsibility for tuning up your bike, checking air pressure, etc. prior to the event.
- No riders will be permitted to start once their wave/route has closed.
- In an effort to avoid having too many riders on any stretch of roadway, riders go out in waves and you may have a brief wait at the start line. 25-milers especially should anticipate a brief wait. However, 25-milers should be at the start line no later than 10:40am, as the route will be closed once the last rider has gone out. Please be patient.
SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIOITY
- If you get lost, need Road Crew assistance, or have an emergency on the road, call one of our emergency numbers: 203-258-3586 or 203-383-0431, or flag down a Road Crew vehicle if one is nearby. If you have a medical emergency, call 911, then call one of the emergency numbers if you are able to do so.
- The Ride for Kids routes are supported until 4pm. If you are not on pace to cross the finish line by 4pm, our Road Crew reserves the right to shuttle you to a location that will bring you back on pace. Riders who refuse this service or remain on the route past 4pm will be asked to remove their bib numbers, effectively withdrawing from the Ride.
- In the event you sustain an injury, the Ride for Kids reserves the right to call 911 and/or shuttle you back to HQ. This is done with your best interest and safety in mind, and your cooperation is appreciated. If at any time you refuse medical services deemed necessary by a Ride staff or volunteer, you may be asked to remove your bib and effectively withdraw from the Ride.
- Riders will not be permitted to Ride without a helmet. You must bring your own helmet.
- You will receive a bib number. Pinning volunteers will be ready to help you attach the bibs after registration. Make sure your bib is visible on your back at all times. If you remove or add layers, please move your bib.
- No personal music devices or headphones are permitted.
- Obey traffic laws and ride single file at all times to ensure rider and driver safety.
- If you have allergies, please carry your EpiPen with you at all times.
- As always, riders under 12 are not permitted on the Ride.
ALONG THE ROUTE
- Several water stops are located along the route. All are equipped with restrooms, food and beverage, medical staff and when possible, bicycle mechanics.
- Each Water Stop will have a lost & found bin. All lost & found items will be turned in to the Welcome tent at HQ when Water Stops close. You will most likely make it back to HQ before your item does. If you don’t want to wait, you may call the Ride office at 508.543.7892 beginning Monday, 9/26, to inquire about your item.
AT THE FINISH LINE
- You are welcome to shower and change at Answer is Fitness, directly across the street from Ride HQ. Please bring your own towel. You will be asked to sign a liability waiver at the front desk in order to use the facility.
- Turn in the tear-off from your bib to the t-shirt tent in the BBQ area to receive your Rodman Ride for Kids shirt. Shirts will only be issued to riders (1 each) – no exceptions. You will need your tear-off ticket to receive your shirt.
- Join us at the BBQ for food, drinks and celebrating!