Volunteers, visit our Ride Day Info for Volunteers page.
- Ride Headquarters is located at the Rodman Truck Center, 1 Lincoln Rd. in Foxboro. (The corner of Rte. 1 and Lincoln Rd.)
- Riders and volunteers will park at 95 Washington Street, just North of Ride Headquarters. Be sure to print your Rider Parking Permit. Should this lot fill, parking staff from VPNE will direct you to the next available lot.
- The Start and Finish lines will be located at the Lafayette House, on the corner of Rte. 1 and Pine St.
- When it’s time to Ride, you will exit Ride HQ, and walk through the front parking lot of America’s Best Value Inn, to the Lafayette House, where you will queue at the start line.
- Watch for volunteers with green signs who will point you in the right direction.
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY
- Please program these emergency numbers into your cell phone in advance of the Ride: 203.695.7492 and 203.695.7493
- If you get lost, need Road Crew assistance, or have an emergency on the road, call one of the emergency numbers above, or flag down a Road Crew vehicle . If you have a medical emergency, call 911, then call one of the emergency numbers if you are safely able to do so.
- You will be turning onto Pine St. at a narrow portion of the road – it is imperative that you ride in single file as you first enter the roadway, and at all times. Riders who do not ride in a safe and responsible manner will be asked to withdraw from the Ride.
- The Ride for Kids routes are supported until 2:30pm. If you are not on pace to cross the finish line by 2:30pm, our Road Crew reserves the right to shuttle you to a location that will bring you back on pace. Riders who refuse this service or remain on the route past 2:30pm will be asked to remove their bib numbers, effectively withdrawing from the Ride.
- In the event you sustain an injury, the Ride for Kids reserves the right to call 911 and/or shuttle you back to HQ. This is done with your best interest and safety in mind, and your cooperation is appreciated. If at any time you refuse medical services deemed necessary by a Ride staff or volunteer, you may be asked to remove your bib, effectively withdrawing from the Ride.
- Riders will not be permitted to ride without a helmet. You must bring your own helmet.
- You will receive a bib number. Pinning volunteers will be ready to help you attach the bibs after registration. Make sure your bib is visible on your back at all times. If you remove or add layers, move your bib to your outermost layer.
- No personal music devices or headphones are permitted.
- If you have allergies, please carry your EpiPen with you at all times.
- Riders under 12 are not permitted on the Ride, and Riders between the ages 13-17 will need to be accompanied by a guardian.
- Motorized bicycles are not permitted on the Ride.
- If you’d like to download the Ride Route for your GPS, visit our Course Maps page.
- Cue sheets can also be downloaded on the Course Maps page, and will be available at registration.
- Please note all routes are subject to change.
- Please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled start time to allow ample time for parking, registration and other morning activities.
- Print your rider (R) parking permit and place it on your driver’s side dashboard.
- Riders will park at 95 Washington Street, on Rte. 1 just north of Ride Headquarters. Should this lot fill, parking staff from VPNE will direct you to the next available lot.
- Handicapped accessible parking is available at Headquarters. Please have your placard visible.
- After parking, follow the orange Rider & Volunteer signs to Headquarters. Proceed to Rider Registration, where you will receive your bib number.
- Breakfast will be available.
- Minor bicycle mechanic services will be offered. However, please take responsibility for tuning up your bike, checking air pressure in your tires, etc. prior to the event.
- Riders must start at the time designated for their route. No riders will be permitted to start once their wave/route has closed.
- 50-mile starts at 9:00 AM
- 25-mile starts at 10:15 AM
- In an effort to avoid having too many riders on any stretch of roadway, riders go out in waves and you may have a brief wait at the start line. 25-milers especially should anticipate a brief wait. However, 25-milers should be at the start line no later than 10:40am, as the route will be closed once the last rider has gone out. Please be patient.
ALONG THE ROUTE
- Several water stops are located along the route. All are equipped with restrooms, food and beverage, medical staff and when possible, bicycle mechanics.
- Each Water Stop will have a lost & found bin. All lost & found items will be turned in to the Welcome tent at Headquarters when Water Stops close. You will most likely make it back to Headquarters before your item does. If you don’t want to wait, you may call the Ride for Kids office at 508.543.7892 beginning Monday, 9/23, to inquire about your item.
AT THE FINISH LINE
- Turn in the tear-off from your bib to the t-shirt tent in the BBQ area to receive your Rodman Ride for Kids shirt. Shirts will only be issued to riders (1 each) – no exceptions. You will need your tear-off ticket to receive your shirt.
- Join us at the BBQ for food, drinks and celebrating!